Webinar 3: Evolving Your DMO to Build back better
The roles and responsibilities of destination marketing organizations (DMOs) are rapidly changing. In a recent major study, more than 85% of global DMOs indicated they would have a central role in destination management including “sustainability, resident and local business engagement.” But how does your DMO evolve to lead both destination management and destination marketing? Andria Godfrey of Longwoods International shared the latest research of traveler sentiment towards recovery from COVID-19 plus how destinations should seek to “build back better”. Chris Seek of Solimar International then shared perspectives from his vast global experience in the development and restructuring of DMOs around the world. Chris was joined by two DMO leaders who have helped guide destinations through this process: Jennifer Wesselhoff, President and CEO of Park City, Utah Chamber of Commerce (formerly with Visit Sedona), and Kristin Dunne, CEO of Tourism Bay of Plenty in New Zealand. Both offered their practical experience and advice on how to ensure your DMO is ready to help “build back better”.
- Tool Kit for Sustainable Tourism strategies – best practices & resources
- Resilience & Reimagining Tourism – May 25 Webinar Resources: https://covid19.milespartnership.com/clarity-in-a-time-of-change-webinar-2/
Additional Resources Quoted in the Webinar:
- Toolkits for Sustainable Tourism Development – USAid & Solimar International
- Sedona, Arizona, USA – download the destination strategy here and learn more here.
- Bay of Plenty, New Zealand – download the destination strategy here and learn more here.