Webinar 2 Resources: Building Resilience & Reimagining Tourism
It’s time to turn aspiration into action and ideas into practical steps. With the recovery of travel already underway, this “Clarity in a Time of Change” webinar examined the critical steps you need to take to build resilience in your destination and reimagine the future of tourism in your destination. Global leaders in destination management and sustainability, Matthew Landkamer of Coraggio Group and Guy Bigwood of Global Destination Sustainability Movement, shared five critical steps every destination should be taking now. Molly Cano of the City of San Luis Obispo and Rachael McGuickin of Visit Belfast discussed what this process has been like in their destinations and the lessons and best practices they’ve learned.
Additional Resources from the Webinar Presenters:
Miles Partnership Resources:
- Strategy Toolkit for Building Back Better
- Funding Futures & Funding for Tomorrow – Research on tourism taxation & funding options
- Funding the Future of Tourism in the U.S. & Canada
- Funding the Future of Tourism in New Zealand
- More: www.MilesPartnership.com
Guy Bigwood – Global Destination Sustainability Movement
- Visit Mechelen Strategy
- Swisstainable – Swiss national sustainability program
- More: https://www.gds.earth/
Matthew Landkamer – Coraggio Group
- Stewards of the Future
- California Destination Stewardship Program
- Arizona Destination Recovery Plan
- More: https://coraggiogroup.com/
Rachael McGuickin – Visit Belfast
Molly Cano – City of San Luis Obispo
Connect with our team for more information on the topics presented in the webinar.
See our curated list of upcoming and past tourism industry webinars with links to register or view recorded sessions.